broadcasting without permission from an attic somewhere in Berlin [about the metaverse – naturally!]
alrighty, we made it to show number 2 and we are not off the air quite yet, we are in fact expanding our empire to stitcher, arguably the best radio-podcast-on-demand app out there, sandwiched between award-winning public radio programs & home-made podcast fare, varying widely in quality…awesome: just where we belong!
now onward: today’s show is dedicated to artist and prominent second life resident osprey therian, who passed away december 9th 2013.she had a big impact on many sl’ers as well as linden lab employees – we will hear how she shaped the experience of quite a few folks in those very early days of our world.
we will also touch upon the sensitive issue of what to do with your avatar when your physical self leaves this earth.
here is the streaming audio of the show [or download here]:
enjoy, subscribe & spread the word!
here are the relevant links for further discussion:
– bad journalism exists? oh yeah… = great fun story from onthemedia [wnyc]
– former linden judy tyrer makes “everjane, a new mmo/vw about jane austen
– manipulating prims with your own hands? yes: with oculus + softkinetic
– europeana discovers [after we done it for 10 years] that you can visit a museum in vr [and natascha’s take on the sadly gone dresden gallery of old masters + a wired article about dresden back in the day]
– osprey: her profile feed, backstory on magellan, the show must go on, the forest of kahruvel where osprey dissapeared, jim pubrick’s blog post & how to do estate planning for your avatar: how to include second life assets in your will
– jo recommends vintage village [slurl]– you really have to go there!
– oldtimer talk with madamethespian underhill
the drax files radio hour [with jo yardley] is a weekly production of basicdrax entertainment.