broadcasting without permission from an attic somewhere in Berlin [about the metaverse – naturally!]
i am sure we can all agree that education in virtual worlds – the immersion into science, art and/or history – is one of the most important “unique affordances” of second life [and other such platforms].
only natural then for the new regime at linden lab to emphasize their eagerness to embrace the diverse community of educators once again, especially in light of the resurgence of vr. we have highlights of ceo ebbe altberg’s keynote at vwbpe and some great analysis from two teachers straight from the trenches.
plus of course: oculus, facebook, machinima and all that other jazz…. listen & learn:
and now: let’s read and learn even more [after you subscribe to the show on stitcher, please?]:
– congratz to bine rodenberger and neo cort for winning a leap motion!
– immersive concerts are next with binaural audio and 360 hmd facilitated visuals
– some background on dummy head recording [aka kunstkopf technik]
– who is building the metaverse? top players [and ll is among them!]avail for noobs soon[ish] can vr and ar applications deliver missing ingredients for effective, deep learning in distance education?
– fb/oculus nightmare:
– time traveler part 6:
– Jo’s “ghosts of history” project
the drax files radio hour [with jo yardley] is a weekly production of basicdrax entertainment.
the show is supported by leap motion, botgirl’s identity circus, kahruvel design, vika creations, humanoid animations, escapades, botanical, death row designs, nantra, angel red cotoure, fallen gods incorporated and landscapes unlimited!
music by bd.
special thanks to kaleo for providing the station id this week [again!].