friends: time for oculus rift demo roller-coasters and tiny little tuscany replicas to move aside coz…..
“they may have the goggles but WE got the world!”
[i am printing a shirt with that slogan RIGHT now while waiting for my loaner oculus to be shipped from maine!]
yes it is true: oculus integration into sl is in beta, testers are needed and we speak to widely linden today who is as excited as we are about this.
enjoy [and for those who can’t wait: widely interview starts around 25:00 into show]!
more reading material below:
– our winner of the leap motion is steve slosser but you can win another one by going to the profile feed and answering the question given on the show
– the trouble with tech tos: terms and conditions may apply…
– emily short on versu
– lee vermeulen on the vr room by valve
– philip rosedale demos his wife’s brain at swsx
– riftmax: the FIRST vr talk show EVER!
– sf peeps: go to the roadtovr mixer during gdc in sf 3/20 will you?
– live action vr demo at swsx!!!
– total cinema 360:
– tim berners-lee wanted to call the web “mesh” but changed the name before publishing his paper in 1989
– cbs 60 minutes on data brokers
– drax always watches bill moyers for news
– philip rosedale and ebbe altberg will speak at vwbpe in april
– linden lab seeks beta testers for oculus rift viewer and we are having fun reminiscing about virtual boy…
– jo is time traveling again
– drax is shopping arcade style for the first time [via SL GO no less]!
– relay for life in sl is in full swing
– millay Freschi’s 4 bridges project & she mentions virtually speaking [which is another great show!]
the drax files radio hour [with jo yardley] is a weekly production of basicdrax entertainment.
the show is supported by kahruvel design, joey aboma, ragmedia, vika creations, ziki questi, escapades, botanical, death row designs, ciaran laval and mona eberhardt.
music by bd.
special thanks to millay freschi providing the station ID this week.
contact the show via skype draxfiles, avatar draxfiles or email email@example.com.