voila = here is show numero 6: fascinating discussion this week with philosopher [and alphaville herald reporter] peter ludlow [starts around 32:00] about governance in virtual worlds, griefer management & investigative journalism plus: one billion rising against violence against women [we talk with saffia widdershins about the sl version of today’s global event].
enjoy [here or on stitcher]!
and here are links for further reading:
– breaking news: loki eliot does station id & crazy sl light reflection test!
– humanoid animations give-away: what are the two methods of making animations for games/virtual worlds? send answer with subject line “giveaway” to email@example.com, the deadline is 2/21/14
– the gridnauts from ll and ibm teleport across grids in 2008:
– fitted mesh released [and our guests eboni khan & shai delacroix have opinions on it!]
– ll publishes faq on required tax/account documentation
– stem and makevr by sixsense
– one billion rising in rl and in sl
– peter ludlow [alphaville herald and the nation reporter] on grimmy the griefer, lambda moo, weev & his excellent crypto anarchy book
– julian dibell: rape in cyberspace
– lawrence lessig: code is [still!] law
– does the justice league have a dossier on drax?
– you think disney infinity is a virtual world? really?
– jo recommends new babbage!
– sl winter games open next month!
– outtakes from robin sojourner [drax files world makers episode 10]
the drax files radio hour [with jo yardley] is a weekly production of basicdrax entertainment.
the show is supported by ciaran laval, inara pey, canary beck, daniel voyager, mona eberhardt, jaimy hancroft, shug maitland, kyouko, pauline clary and editorial clarity.
music by zak claxton
contact the show via skype draxfiles, avatar draxfiles or email firstname.lastname@example.org
16 Comments Add yours
Reblogged this on Jo Yardley's Second Life and commented:
Another Drax Files Radio Hour!
With things to win!
i like free stuff!
I want to congratulate you guys for both the interview with Saffia Widdershins and the one with Peter Ludlow. I’ll dwell on the latter interview for a moment; Mr. Ludlow rightly suggested a move away from the “Greek God” model of governance. Maybe, in more traditional management language, it would be worthwhile for LL’s in-world governance structure to become a bit more Weberian? By that, I don’t necessarily all-out bureaucratic, but impersonal instead, i.e. “these are the rules, this is the list of punishments according to the severity of each violation, and whether you’ve befriended a Linden or not doesn’t matter at all in how your case will be handled.”
Hmph. Typo. I should have written “By that, I don’t mean necessarrily all-out bureaucratic…” instead.
Excellent show and I can’t wait to hear about opensim grids in future shows hopefully. Keep up the great work! 🙂
Oh boy now that we taped and published I remember two things: KCRW’s “To The Point” with a show that asks “Do Techies live in a bubble” [ http://www.kcrw.com/news/programs/tp/tp140212tech_industry_elitis ] and of course something to do this weekend = visit Bryn Oh’s new immersive watch-ama-callit-awesomeness – more here http://karasecondlife.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-singularity-of-kumiko-opens.html
Thank you for another informative show:)
*runs up and gives Jo a big squishy hug for recommending New Babbage* I;m one of the estate admins for the place along with Loki.. pop into Brunel Hall for a quick pint whenever ya want 😀
Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website thus i came to “return the favor”.I’m attempting to
find things to enhance my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!
I will right away grab your rss as I can’t to find
your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter
service. Do you have any? Please permit me know so that I may just subscribe.
Of course, the value that they charge issues as nicely, however first
you may need to just remember to’re snug with
their level of expertise and experience. The space have to be excellent for the theme and the event.