big week in virtual worlds: a new fearless leader has emerged at linden lab, he is of swedish roots & as a natural consequence has an awesome name: ebbe altberg.
so: on the show today we speculate about digital leadership and hear from a retired linden with historical perspective.
we have a feature interview with a successful sl entrepreneur who started as a 13-year-old on the teen grid.
and we are talking with pioneer educator barry joseph about what sl did right with young folks and what minecraft et al are doing [possibly a lot] better today.
enjoy [and remember – you can also listen to us on stitcher]:
links pertaining to the discussion below:
– new ll ceo ebbe altberg announced
[and he is on twitter + forums already]
– frank zappa on why old guys with cigars are better than hippies for innovative product
– feedback, advice and welcome wishes for ebbe from strawberry singh, vic mornington and robin harper
– bad journalism or just sloppy blogging? you be the judge!
– project spark
– sony enters headset game
– mona on land bots
– background on teen sl and some flickr pics from the teen grid/global kids
– mike mikula in the wsj, some of his work on flickr, in-world at jnyc & skoolaborate
– background on copybot
– global kids, their video “a child’s war” and drax reportage on their virtual video project
– american museum of natural history upcoming project in sl: adventures in science
– jo loves the love to decorate coffee tabale magazine
the drax files radio hour [with jo yardley] is a weekly production of basicdrax entertainment.
the show is supported by ciaran laval, inara pey, canary beck, daniel voyager, arton rotaru, masami kuramoto, mona eberhardt, bear silvershade, jaimy hancroft and maddy gynoid.
special thanks to barry joseph for providing the station ID this week.
music by terrylyn melody
contact the show via skype draxfiles, avatar draxfiles or email firstname.lastname@example.org